Monday, December 1, 2008

TWILIGHT by Stephenie Meyer

Bella Swan has moved to the rainy town of Forks, Washington to live with her father. She is fascinated by handsome Edward Cullen and his family. As Bella begins to develop romantic feelings for Edward, his hot and cold response often confuses and troubles her. Then on a weekend excursion to the forest, Bella meets Jacob, a Native American boy who tells her about the stories his grandfather tells, about the Cullen family being a group of vampires. As Bella reveals what she knows to Edward, the two become even closer. Although Edward is a “good” vampire, feeding only on animal blood, eventually Bella’s life is endangered when another vampire decides he wants to kill her. It is up to Edward to save Bella’s life.

I had been hoping to be able to read this series for a couple of years, and with the movie coming out in November, I finally had to see what all the fuss was about. For a 500-page book, I was amazed by what a quick read this is. I never thought I would be a fan of a vampire book, but after all, it is primarily a love story. I am looking forward to tackling the rest of the series.

No comments: